THE NEXT BIG IDEA entries have now closed. Thanks to all those who submitted entries.
The winning idea will be announced on Friday May 23, 2014
CJZ, the new owners of Greenstone TV, are thrilled to announce THE NEXT BIG IDEA pitching competition.
We’re looking for the next big idea and there’s $10,000 up for grabs! That’s right: ten thousand dollars!
We’re looking for ideas in these categories: Factual Series, Drama, Comedy, Light Entertainment and Factual Entertainment.
The ideas need to be half or one hour series for the domestic TV market, preferably with the potential for the series also to be exported.
A panel of executives from CJZ and Greenstone will judge the ideas.
The overall winner will receive:
• A $10,000 NZD cash prize!
• Assistance in developing the concept.
• A role on the show if commissioned, appropriate to your experience and skills.
• An on-screen credit.
• A share of the sales proceeds.
• There can only be one winner, but we expect there will be other ideas we would like to option under standard commercial terms.
Conditions of entry:
By submitting your entry to The Next Big Idea competition (the “Competition”), you agree to the following conditions:
- If you win the Competition you agree to enter a standard commercial agreement granting Greenstone the right (for a period of 18 months) to exclusively develop the show; attach personnel to develop the show further; to produce the show and distribute the finished show (the “Option”).
- You guarantee that the entry is your original idea and you are entitled to exclusively deal with Greenstone about original idea until at least 30th June 2014 and you can grant the Option if you win the Competition.
- You understand that Greenstone may already be developing or has received similar ideas to your entry. By entering the Competition, you agree to release Greenstone from any future claim in relation to your entry.
- Unless the details are disclosed with the entry, you guarantee the entry has not previously been pitched to anyone else (including networks or other production companies).
No projects previously pitched to a network will be considered.
☐ Name, email address, postal address and phone number.
☐ A working title;
☐ State the genre (drama, factual, comedy, entertainment etc);
☐ One paragraph description of the idea suitable as a listing in the TV Guide;
☐ Two to three page description of the idea including tone and style;
☐ An outline of the target audience and the channel the idea would suit;
☐ Let us know if you have a proof of concept video, sizzle reel or character reel. We may ask for this as part of the judging process;
☐ List the names of the originators of the idea and brief bios (yourself and any others involved);
☐ For factual: If talent driven, include outline of any agreements or understanding with talent;
☐ For drama and comedy: Notes on the characters and/or outline of any relationship with talent (performers/writers etc); and
☐ List the development materials attached to the entry.
Where to enter:
Email your entry as a PDF file to email@example.com by 11th April 2014
All entries will be treated as confidential.
Don’t miss competition updates; follow us on Facebook.